Home AFRICA GHANA NEWS: Zylofon media shuts down

GHANA NEWS: Zylofon media shuts down

2 min read
0
0
103

Zylofon Media, communications outlets belonging to the embattled Menzgold Chief Executive Nana Appiah Mensah, have announced they are shutting down following a court order empowering the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) to take over assets of their boss.

A statement by EOCO stated that all persons including employees of affected companies with properties belonging to Mr. Mensah popularly known as NAM 1 must send them to the EOCO office or will constitute a contempt of court.

This comes after the EOCO on January 15, froze some accounts of the embattled Chief Executive Officer of the gold dealership firm.

Following the arrest of NAM 1 in Dubai, a delegation from Ghana left to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), to engage authorities there on the next line of action.

NAM 1’s extradition to Ghana became of interest to Ghanaian authorities after an arrest warrant was issued for him back home, over his company’s inability to pay thousands of Ghanaians their investments.

The Ghanaian delegation, however, failed to negotiate NAM 1’s release after it emerged that he had been charged for misdemeanour in Dubai and would be put before court in that country on February 2.

Comments

0 comments

Load More Related Articles
Load More By administrator
Load More In AFRICA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Check Also

The president is not in charge of this nation – Wole Soyinka says

Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, says he does not believe President Buhari is the one in char…