Are you an O’level holder? Undergraduate? or currently in School but looking forward to opening a student account but not sure which bank to go with or how to apply? Well you’re in the right place! Today, we will help you find the best student bank accounts in Nigeria.
Student usually pass a lot to open a bank account in Nigeria, and it is quite painstaking but with the help of this below simple guidelines, you will find it more easy and efficient.
There are a lot of Nigeria Banks today, that offers more incentive in opening an account with them. But don’t be too gullible, as the offers doesn’t stand much longer. You must have followed the above instruction to choose the best student account.
There are different types of student bank account, includes: Saving and Current student bank account. Below are the top best 5 student bank account to open in Nigeria. There are numerous banks in Nigeria, we have the big names, the microfinance banking system and many others. But we will list out the best for each.
The First City Momentum Bank offers an intriguing student account with amazing bonus. And fortunately, the FCMB FLEXX Student account target both teenagers, o-level holders, undergraduate, from the age of 16years to 25years.
It is much like a savings account designed for Youths, Corpers and Young Professionals, which also involves students too and it is a naira denominated account.
Benefits of FCMB Flexx Student Accounts
– With just N1,050, you can open the account
– Allows lodgment of dividend warrant of up to ₦20,000
– Zero Minimum operating balance
– Free E-mail transaction notifications
– Free monthly electronic statements
– Branded MasterCard debit card
– Entrepreneurship/Employ-ability Forums
– Interest on savings
– Access to Internet/Mobile banking
To get a dignified FCMB Flexx student account, you can go with the following:
– Completed account opening form/ Online account opening platform
– 1 passport photograph
– Student ID or Appropriate document issued by school for the current session or academic year
Another amazing place to get your student accounts is from Diamond S.W.A.G. The accounts target both students of Tertiary Institutions and Corps Members. It helps you save a lot of money, serves a saving account.
Benefits of Diamond S.W.A.G Account
– Trendy International Debit card
– Enjoy great discounts when you shop with your S.W.A.G Card on selected merchant sites e.g. Adiba.com
– Eligibility to win PocketMoney4AYear and cash prizes on other Promos running from time to time
– Minimum opening balance of ₦525
– Free and secure monthly statements via email
– Diamond Bank cheques can be paid into account
– Credit interest payable monthly
– Free Online Banking
– Access to the Mobile App
– 50% discount for first issuance of our trendy Debit Card
– Limited account opening documentation
– Reliable and convenient access to Online & Mobile Banking
– Offers competitive interest on your savings; payable monthly
– Exclusive access to Diamond Bank Youth Portal (Coming Soon!)
To get a certified Diamond S.W.A.G student account, you need the following:
– Duly completed account opening form
– A minimum of ₦525.00 to get your Debit Card after account opening
– One passport photo of Student / Corp Member
– Student /Departmental/Faculty ID card or N.Y.S.C Identity Card
With the GTCRea8 e-savers bank account, you can enjoy a fully due Mastercard, make transfers with online internet banking. GTBank eSavers account gives you extra funds to pursue your dreams of 2.5$ yearly interest on your savings.
While the GTCRea8 e-savers bank account is one of a kind, offering an Education Support Grant for students that are struggling, something that student bank account is meant to do. But you need to qualify for the Gtbank GTCRea8 e-savers bank account.
It targets both teenagers from 16years to youth of 25 years, this is quite long enough for a substantial time to go through school. And it add values, (interest) to your savings.
Benefits of GTCRea8 e-savers bank account?
– Payments of cheques and dividend warrants, to the sum of N100,000, into your account
– 2.5% interest per annum on account balance
– Bank 737 services
– Unlimited cash withdrawals in our banking halls, ATMs within Nigeria and abroad; also cash withdrawals on ATMs abroad with MasterCard logo
– Internet Banking
– Cash withdrawals in branches
– Lodgement of cheques and Dividend warrants subject to a maximum of N100,000 per instrument
– Presentation of regulatory ID ( Driver’s License, National ID Card, Permanent Voters card or International Passport) when the cumulative balance in your account is above N1 Million
What is required of you:
– Duly completed application form
– A valid means of ID i.e. School ID card or School Admission Letter along with any other form of ID card
– One passport photograph
Eco Bank Student Accounts
This account is much like a Saving accounts, you can perform all the vital commands and you can access most portal as a student. Offers mobile banking, internet banking, Debit card, free alert and bank account balance.
The above statement is only limited to the Saving accounts but for the current account, you can do much more for easier banking. You are required of the necessary document to do this, like 2 passports, student ID.
First Bank Student Accounts
There are different types of First Bank for students, there is the FirstInstant account and the Xplore First, both target students from 18 years. The both targets youths, the Xplore First is between the ages of 18 – 29 years while the FirstInstant account is for those who wish to open a no frills account to start their banking experience with FirstBank and it target 18 years and above.
FirstInstant Bank Benefits
– Both accounts needs a minimum opening balance of N1000
– Operating balance of N500 First Instant and N200 for Xplore First
– Maximum cash deposit is N50, 000 per transaction
– Maximum cumulative balance on the account at any point in time is N300,000
– Attractive interest rates
– The account can also be operated as a Salary Account.
– There are no limits to the number of withdrawals you can make from the account in a month
– You get a debit card instantly as soon as you open the account
– This account type is for those who carry out lower transactions with the bank
Xplore First Bank Benefits
– This account has a minimum opening balance of N1,000.
– Minimum operating balance of N200.
– Automatic migration to regular savings account when the account holder graduates.
– Flexible means of identification.
– Discounted cost of Verve Debit Card.
– Cheques/Dividend warrants lodgement.
– Participation in all savings loyalty campaigns.
How to Apply?
To open a Xplore First Bank account, you need to visit the any of the bank branch and the FirstInstant bank needs the following:
– 2 passport photographs
– If you are opening this account online however, you do not need any documentation to open the account.
They are numerous other best student bank accounts, UBA offers the same, in Nigeria. Having a student bank account in Nigeria is something, that will help you get a little coins for your future.